General discussion

SQLServer 2005 Installation

By dercp94 ·
Hello. I was wondering if you can help me out. We got a new server and it has Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition as the O/S. I was trying to install SQL Server 2005 this morning and I keep getting this "not a valid Win32 application" error message. The necessary SP has been installed on the server. I read somewhere that it's "impossible" to install SQLServer 2005 on WinServer 2003. Is this true? If not true, can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm forgetting something? Your inputs are greatly apprciated. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jrjuiliano In reply to SQLServer 2005 Installati ...

Hi,

Had the same problem, and it turned out that Dell had shipped us the Itanium version of SQL Server 2005. Make sure you have the correct version for your hardware (x86) and it should work.

Collapse -

by Ivan Chan In reply to SQLServer 2005 Installati ...

I have successfully installed SQL server 2005 to windows Server 2003. Try to find if the SQL server 2005 is for win32.

Collapse -

by mdashfaq In reply to SQLServer 2005 Installati ...

Hi,
no its not true that we can't install on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. change the copy of SQL 2005 software. or try it on other normal pc. i am sure it will work.i have installed and its working fine.

Collapse -

by dercp94 In reply to SQLServer 2005 Installati ...

Thanks for your replies. I think our HQ sent us the wrong version, although the ICT divisions says that they sent us the right version. I'm asking them to replace it with the correct one.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)