General discussion
July 26, 2004 at 07:22 AM
malexand

system pw change changes outlook 2003 pw

by malexand . Updated 21 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

We got some new systems with XP pro, and Office 2003 pro (volume license not installed by seller) we are running a netware network with hooks to our NT domain for user accounts.

When users of the new PCs are prompted to change their password, Outlook 2003 no longer knows their e-mail password (pop3 e-mail account).

I suspect there is some setting that is changing the outlook password when the system password changes. I have not been able to find anything in the MS KBs or get any answer from their newsgroup. I hope that someone here can help. Our users don’t remember their e-mail passwords, so they call us saying their e-mail doesn’t work and we must create a new e-mail password for them.

This discussion is locked

All Comments