Question

The famous 'red X' in microsoft Outlook 2003

By hans ·
If I receive an email on my laptop with an embedded picture all I get is the outline and the (in)famous 'red X'. When I right click in the box I do not see the "right click here to download picture" option. If a receive the same email on my desktop, which is also XP and outlook 2003 I can see the picture immediately.
If I forward the mail form the laptop to my desktop,it shows the missing picture occasionally on the laptop. Yet when I receive it on my desktop it shows immediately.
I have tried all the standard solutions to no avail. Help!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Two things to try.......

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to The famous 'red X' in mic ...

(1) In Outlook, Tools -> Options -> Security Tab -> Change Automatic Download Settings (I turn them all on).

(2) Check anti-virus applications to see if they're being blocked.

Collapse -

2 more things

by w2ktechman In reply to Two things to try.......

Outlook in HTML mode, uses IE. Close Outlook, Open IE Go through the IE settings (security settings and options).

In Options make sure Java Console is enabled.

Collapse -

try this

by chai_quinto In reply to The famous 'red X' in mic ...

Quit Outlook

Go to RUN and type the REGEDIT

Locate the Outlook Temporary Items folder by opening the Registry and locating HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecureTempFolder

Right Click OutlookSecureTempFolder, choose modify. Copy the Value data (pathname)

Go To your My computer and paste it on Address bar.

OLK folder is some randomly generated string that always starts with OLK. From that folder delete all the files. All the files are temp files only.

Launch Outlook and see if the picture appears on your email.

Collapse -

Images missing from outlook - solved

by colins In reply to try this

Thanks, chai_quinto, that worked.

Colin

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)