Question

The file reference 0x3000000003d66

By michaelst79 ·
Hi,

My hard drive has performed recently a chkdsk at boot. Since then, I cannot find an excel file named mdp.xlsx.
I have the following lines appearing in the bootex.log created after completion of chkdsk:

The file reference 0x3000000003d66 of index entry mdp.xlsx of index $I30
with parent 0x39e8 is not the same as 0x1000000003d66.
Deleting index entry mdp.xlsx in index $I30 of file 14824.
The file reference 0x3000000003d66 of index entry MDP~1.XLS of index $I30
with parent 0x39e8 is not the same as 0x1000000003d66.
Deleting index entry MDP~1.XLS in index $I30 of file 14824.

I was wondering whether this would help me. Thanks for letting me know what is the best path to follow to recover this file.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Excel recovery

by brianw78 In reply to The file reference 0x3000 ...

Excel Recovery Toolbox is an easy application for the restoration of corrupted XLS files on any PC compatible hardware. This program can easily fix data corruption threats in damaged tables and offers the following to its users:
The small size of Microsoft Excel recovery tool download makes easier the start of Excel Recovery Toolbox on offline workstations;
Recovers fonts of tables, number formats, worksheets, columns, columns width and rows height;
Repairs cell data of workbook, all types of formula including functions, internal, external and name references;
Fixes the color of cells and cell borders, line styles and alignment. For more information: http://www.excelrecoverytoolbox.com/

Follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
2. Select Microsoft Office.
3. Click Change, and then wait while the change and repair is carried out.
4. Exit after the process is completed.
5. Double-click the Excel file that you want to open or open the file through an HTML link as you could by using previous versions of the program. That’s Microsoft advice.

If this method didn't help, you so can try to find the answer here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e47536ee-4458-44e3-a9e0-df48fc54d32d/excel-repair-backup-copy?forum=excel

Collapse -

You need excel recovery software..

by gaurav.kumar1 In reply to The file reference 0x3000 ...

All you need a excel recovery tool to repair & recess your excel file with 3rd party software. Try Stellar Phoenix Excel Repair. This tool will scan, and repair all excel file even the missing missing file.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)