Question

toshiba p100-429 recovery into xp

By nathan.iwf ·
I am trying to recover my laptop which is running XP. But when I boot from the recovery CD the only option that comes up is to install vista. Is this the correct procedure with an option later to go to XP? or is there another way which I am not aware of?
The laptop came with XP installed but there is a label on it saying 'designed for windows XP' and below it says 'windows vista capable'
Please help I DONT WANT VISTA!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

odd

by demosthanese In reply to toshiba p100-429 recovery ...

wow that is weird, have you checked the cd on a working machine to see what is actually on it?

Collapse -

Transition Time

by TheChas In reply to toshiba p100-429 recovery ...

It sounds like your Toshiba was produced about the time of the transition to Vista. Either the recovery partition on the hard drive or the recovery CD are wrong.

What does the label on the recovery CD state?

I recommend that you contact Toshiba and see if they will send you a recovery CD for your system that is the XP rather than the Vista version.

If they cannot, I would go to Newegg or the online retailer of your choice and buy an OEM copy of XP.

Do not proceed with the Vista recovery. You would need to format the hard drive and start over again to go back to XP.

Chas

Back to Storage Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)