General discussion

Tracking / History In MS access 2002

By kaza_maza_77 ·
Hi there , My manager wants me to make a database of the IT inventory which contains a tracking/history option which allow him to check the history of each asset and when and where it was moved (from a user to another or from a location to another) am having a lot of problems doing that considering I have just
started using access two days ago but i managed to make the tables and the quers , If anyone can help me with some guides examples templates I would be greatfull.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Suggestion

by BFilmFan In reply to Tracking / History In MS ...

I recommend you purchase Track-It.

You are going to waste more of your company's time and money trying to cobble somethign together than it will be to purchase a useful product.

Tell your manager an architect told you that saving pennies usually costs more dollars than it is worth.

Collapse -

by kaza_maza_77 In reply to Suggestion

Ok thanks BFilmFan I will try to convince him of that although My company is a big one but they are cheap when it comes to IT Department

Collapse -

doint the same

by john.a.wills In reply to Tracking / History In MS ...

I currently have a similar project, almost complete. I have tables for location change, user change and OS change. Continuous subforms based on these give an item's history.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)