General discussion

Unable to open webs in MS FrontPage 2000

By Laurie J ·
I get the following Microsoft FrontPage error box if I try to open a web in FrontPage:

"Unable to open web. Possible causes:
1. The web server may not have the FrontPage Server Extensions instaslled.
2. The web server may be temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through proxy server, the proxy settings may be incorrect.
4. An error may have occurred in the web server.
5. Opening a web using ftp:// is not allowed.
OK"

Can you help, please?

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Unable to open webs in MS ...

ah well gotta have a little more information. the "try to open a web in frontpage" meaning what? are you trying to open a web page located on a web server using Front Page? If so, who's web server? If its your web page on your web server are you specifing the correct path to the folder where the web page are?

Collapse -

by sysnetmgr In reply to Unable to open webs in MS ...

We have the same problems with users on FrontPage 2002. Your problem could be a security issue if you are using Windows XP Pro. We found we had to alter the Guest Account settings and some of the local security settings to get this to work.

Collapse -

by sysnetmgr In reply to

We were just tryint to open a new web page in FrontPage. It was trying to open My Documents\My Webs. Because Group Policy says they can't see C: drive this gave an error. In the end we edited the Registry Settings for Current User, in Microsoft, FrontPage, Explorer Settings and changed the default location to their Network Root. Then we copied the current user settings to the default user.

Collapse -

by mikewbc In reply to Unable to open webs in MS ...

We're having the same problem with Both 2000 and 2002. We connect via proxy server (SBS4.5)and can't get the authenication to pass through. It must have something to do with a current security update because it used to work. I can connect on a win98 machine using FP2000. I've been fighting this on and off for 6 monts.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)