General discussion

Universal Groups in Exchange 2003

By shanna ·
I'm new to administering Exchange 2003, and this one has me puzzled. Here goes:

We just built a new Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 server and migrated all our existing Windows NT 4.0 / Exchange 5.5 mailboxes, Public Folders, etc. over to the new server from our old, now retired server. I have now been asked to create a new email distribution group for our social committee, but here's where the problem lies.

In the Recipients container, I've create a Distribution Group-Universal called Social Commitee and added the 4 users names to the members list. If I then view my Global Address List from an Outlook 98 or 2000 client workstation the new distribution group shows up properly in the list of groups. However, if I view the GAL from an Outlook 2003 client (which all our users are now being migrated to) the distribution grou does NOT show up in the list of groups. It DOES show up the the "All Groups" list when you go to select the various address books.

This is driving me batty, and I can't figure out a way to have the new group appear in the GAL the way the old Exchange 5.5 groups do.

Any and all assistance, and particularly detailed instructions on how to achieve the proper end result would be GREATLY appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)