Question

Vista :: at reboot the content of the Firefox 3.01 is deleted

By cazeault ·
hence I must re-install FF. Then it goes OK until the next reboot. It coincides with a new message from Avast saying that Avast request a system reboot. If I say OK reboot, Avast at the end of the boot keeps saying taht areboot is requested and of course, FF must be re-insatlled....
Of course, all Spybot, antivirus launches (2 in sequence), specialized tools for trojan or virus (from commercial vendors), FSecure or Vundo or Nimda tools or tools from SysInternals come all OK clean.

I launched chkdsk in admin mode : no error.

Oh and it coincide also with an "install delay or search" when I launch Outlook 2007; the the install message closes, and Outlook starts OK with no error or no disabled items....

what a strange thing.

Any ideas someone ??

many thanks all

Henri

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Firefox install maybe corrupted...

Download the new Firefox here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to select the firefox in your language.

So go into your registry and then "edit" section and type in "Firefox" and then click on "find next" button, this will make the registry search for firefox in its records, when found just press the "delete" key on your keyboard, when you can not find any more listings for firefox then exit and re-boot your computer. When re-booted try and install Firefox again.
Hope all goes well.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this information is useful, please mark as helpful. Thanks