General discussion

What should I do with an old Instagram account with 6,000 followers?

By H2SbF7 ·
Hi all. I have an Instagram account that I spent about 2.5 years cultivating from 2015-2017. It started as a fan page for a cult classic TV series, but it very quickly grew. I worked with the company that owned the rights to the show and helped promote it, especially as the show was undergoing a huge pop culture resurfacing.

I essentially abandoned the account in November 2017, after deciding that I’d had a good run and the show had created a very popular official page by that point. But the account is still there (current follower count is 5,925) and it seems like a waste to just leave it or delete it now that I’m done with it.

I’ve considered using the existing framework to start a new personal account, but since these people followed me for a page related to the TV show, this also seems a little disingenuous. Is this a common practice? I don’t know if I’d trust anyone else to run the page like I did, so I don’t just want to hand it over to another fan of the show. Selling it seems like weird option I’d like to avoid as well.

So… what does one do in this situation? Would love to hear your feedback. Thanks all!
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Start posting & Keep Engaging

by aaronstarc87 In reply to What should I do with an ...

Start posting on the account about the show and get back the engagement. If the show had cult following then they would really like to see some old videos and posts. Post memes about it and try and find some way to make money out of it. I have seen these fanpages of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and they put up content related to the cast and the show, meanwhile, putting up posts of merchandise related to the show. I don't know how much is it fruitful for them but still the engagement is really good. Also, don't change the page because 6K people follow you for the show but if you are still thinking to do so, then clear up the whole feed and post some new content which you are thinking to go for, and do look if you can change the name of the page.

Collapse -

by matthewjohn938 In reply to What should I do with an ...

You can post TV related content..Don't have to stick to one tv show..

Collapse -

by madhuri001 In reply to What should I do with an ...

While influencers with as few as 10,000 followers can score marketing partnerships, the compensation is typically free products or up to $150. Once they reach 1 million followers, Ms. Karwowski said, the payments rise considerably, up to $15,000 per post and sometimes equity in the company

Back to Social Networking Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)