Question

• Creator
    Topic

Why DevOps Adoption Should Matter to Developers in 2022?

by jacelynsia ·

How DevOps can help Developers how its making their life easier, how DevOps is helping with faster and better deliveries. It will be helpful if you can substantiate it with some case studies.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Actually

by rproffitt ·

In reply to Why DevOps Adoption Should Matter to Developers in 2022?

I found companies don’t do DevOps for financial reasons. Do you know why?

DevOps is important – I am telling you why

by pallavdas ·

Let’s me help you with some stats here:

77% of companies have stated that they depend on DevOps to deploy software and planning to do at the earliest.

And 86% of companies feel the need to develop and start the production of new products quickly.

So, your business depends on delivering software in a timely fashion. That software you can use for internal purposes or solving customer needs so that you can empower your people or create a well-ordered delivery chain.

Things run smoothly when the software development life cycle goes as planned. When software delivery gets interrupted and hence slowed down, it can give rise to a domino effect on your end-users and throughout your business.

And when those tailbacks and bottlenecks start to barge on your development process, there can be catastrophic consequences.

Building a DevOps culture comes into play here.

This particular trend has become exceptionally popular for companies around the world to shift from conventional software development to DevOps.

Not what I experienced.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to DevOps is important – I am telling you why

Over the last ten plus companies I consulted at, not one implemented any of what you call DevOps. Among these were big name billion dollar companies.

DevOps isn’t in wide spread use for very simple reasons. Can you share why?

Reply To: Why DevOps Adoption Should Matter to Developers in 2022?

by mobiosolutions ·

DevOps is a software development approach emphasizing collaboration, communication, and integration between development and operations teams. In 2022, DevOps adoption should matter to developers for several reasons.
      Faster development cycles: DevOps practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) can help developers deliver software faster and with fewer bugs. Developers can focus on writing code and delivering features by automating the testing, building, and deployment processes.
      Improved collaboration: DevOps emphasizes collaboration between developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders in the software development lifecycle. By working together, teams can solve problems more quickly and deliver better software.
      Increased job satisfaction: DevOps can help developers feel more ownership and responsibility for the software they build. By being involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from planning to deployment, developers can see the impact of their work and feel a sense of accomplishment.
      Better software quality: DevOps practices such as automated testing and continuous feedback can help catch bugs and issues earlier in the development cycle. That can lead to better software quality and a better user experience.
      Improved scalability and reliability: DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code (IaC) and automated scaling can help make the software more scalable and reliable. By automating infrastructure provisioning and scaling, teams can respond to changes in user demand more quickly and avoid downtime.
      In summary, DevOps adoption should matter to developers in 2022 because it can lead to faster development cycles, improved collaboration, increased job satisfaction, better software quality, and improved scalability and reliability. By embracing DevOps practices, developers can build better software and deliver more value to users.

Viewing 2 reply threads