General discussion

Win 2000 pro and Win 98

By quake146 ·
i have just networked two machines, one with win 2000 pro and the other with Win 98. The win 2000 pro machine can accsess the win 98 machine and make use of the system resources, but every time i try to view the contents the contents of the hard drive on the win 2000 pro machine from the win 98 one, i'm prompted to enter a password, so i enterd the logon password for the win 2000 machine and it won't accept it. Can anyone help ?
any help would be greatly apreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

let me know

by sfdmedic In reply to Win 2000 pro and Win 98

I am still researching list fluke. Pls e-mail me with the answer as I will do the same thanks!

John

Collapse -

Found an answer

by sfdmedic In reply to Win 2000 pro and Win 98

Found the answer
I found the answer to my own question on a Microsoft Windows 2000 newsgroup.

Setup a user on the Windows 9x machine with a password.
Setup a new user on the W2K machine with the exact same user name and password. Onward and upward.

Collapse -

Win 2000 pro and win98

by blndo2001 In reply to Win 2000 pro and Win 98

I think what you should do is to add a user account with everyone access right (other access rights is based on your dicesion)on the win2000 computer, by doing this you can access the shared folders and directories on the Win2000 computer from the Win98 computer.

Best wishes

Mohamed

Collapse -

try checking your password on your 2000

by gnoland In reply to Win 2000 pro and Win 98

try checking your password on your 2000 windows you may have given it the wrong password and disable win configuration under your tcp/ip properties

Collapse -

The Solution

by Nickfree In reply to Win 2000 pro and Win 98

Create new user account in Win2K as on Win98, idem Userid e PWD .. and OK!! Enjoy!!

Back to IT Employment Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums