General discussion

Win2000 Pro Account Lockout

By Chris Joseph ·
I have a very baffling question for you. Every now and then, typically 2-3 times in a eight hour day. My account gets locked out and my internet access and access to file servers is not allowed. We are running NT 4.0 sp6a, and I have Win 2000 Pro. Ihave enabled auditing but no failed attempts have been made. We also use MS Proxy 2.0 for internet access, and I do alot of work on SQL enterprise manager, my rights to SQL are also locked out when this happens.
It is very easy to fix, I just haveto go into the server room and unlock my account, but this is a major pain.
Please help me with any info you can offer.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Vagab0nd In reply to Win2000 Pro Account Locko ...

Check that no services either on your PC or on other is trying to start under your account with old password. In this case you won't have failure logon logged but it will still lock your account out - much like what you described. Also check that you are not logged on to other workstations with old password - this will lead to the same result

Hope this helps,
Ivan

Collapse -

by Chris Joseph In reply to Win2000 Pro Account Locko ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by estebandelatorre In reply to Win2000 Pro Account Locko ...

My dear friend, you have a service running with your account, that's why your account get's lock whitout and auditing event.
It will not be easy to find, meanwhile create a new account for you, and start digging server bu server, service by service(the ones down or fail only) which of them have your account defined.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)