Question

Windows 2000 Blue Screen of Death

By preacher4him2007 ·
My dad's girlfriend decided to get on my private laptop that i only use for an internet game and to check my email. I wake up that morning, come into my living room and there are tons of random crap that wasn't on my computer the night before. I run a scan with Ad-Aware and with McAfee, get rid of the things that it lets me get rid of, block the rest. A week later she gets on it again, shuts it down to move it somewhere, and when she tried tor restart it, a big annoyingly blue screen pops up. I cant get past it, i cant get out of it, that is all there is once it comes up is this blue screen. I've tried safe modes, i've tired to do the few things i can do. I dont ahve a restore disc from windows or dell because my comp is a refurbished one. I just want my comp back so i can play my game. This is what part of the blue screen says...anyone know how to help?

"*** STOP: 0X0000007B...etc. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Usually an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

by w2ktechman In reply to Windows 2000 Blue Screen ...

is due to a HDD or controller failure. But in this case I would assume malware or virus.

You may need to do a thorough sweep of the drive, but most likely will also need to erload the system.

Collapse -

How do i

by preacher4him2007 In reply to Usually an INACCESSIBLE_ ...

sweep the drive? and im guessing to reload the system means redoing my windows 2000?

Collapse -

first things first

by c_coon In reply to How do i

Before going overboard with reloading the OS, try booting with your system disk (that, I hope, you got with your computer - it's the one with the Windows 2000 operating system on it) and try repairing. You can run fixboot.exe and fixmbr.exe to see if those are repairable. If that works, then definitely run your AV program, plus Ad-Aware and/or Spybot to start the cleanup you probably need.

Collapse -

I might add

by w2ktechman In reply to first things first

to sweep the system with a boot AV disk, before the OS loads.
most AV programs can create a floppy vboot disk for this type of scan.

Collapse -

crap on a stick

by preacher4him2007 In reply to first things first

nope, i dont have a system disc, i was stupid and bought my computer off of ebay, it works great despite a small cooling problem and then when my dad's girlfriend thinks she can use my stuff. but it didnt come with any type of discs, just my comp, and a wireless card. If those are my only choices i guess ima have to try and come up with a system disc.

Collapse -

Exactly

by Tig2 In reply to How do i

OK. Let's breathe for a moment.

You purchased your system as a refurb and don't have recovery disks. I hear you.

Call your manufacturer and request recovery disks. Do it now.

It will take a week to ten days to get the disks. Or you can try Googling for the OEM.iso that is your machine.

I hear you say that you only use this system for gaming.

Kay. It's W2K. When you get the new disk, reimage the PC and set a password.

If the GF wants to use the system and you are okay with that, create a user account called Guest. Go to control panel-> users and accounts. Limit this account.

Force a password for the admin acct (presumably yours). She can't get to a place where she can hurt the computer if she is operating in the guest acct.

Collapse -

Do a registry scan

by hulixiao In reply to Windows 2000 Blue Screen ...

You must get registry error if you keep getting blue screen.
You many rey Registry Easy.
Free download here http://www.keep-pc-clean.com/

Collapse -

Zombie Alert!

by PurpleSkys In reply to Do a registry scan

not that it isn't good info...but ya know...

Collapse -

I have a Windows 2000 system disk if you need one.

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to Windows 2000 Blue Screen ...

This is not a copy but an original.
It comes with the code also.
just PM me if you need any more info..

Back to Software Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)