General discussion

Windows 2000 installation

By flores ·
hi,

I'm trying to install windows 2000 and I'm having a problem. I have 4 diskettes and 1 disc for the installation. I rebooted my pc with the first installation diskette in it. The first diskette did its thing. The installation ask for the second diskette. I inserted the second diskette but it gave this error message which prevented to continue the installation. The message is "File \halacpi.dll could not be loaded. The error code is 7" I have no clue why it did that. In my previous installation I never had that kind of problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Ron

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

not to worry...........

by cul8rm8e In reply to Windows 2000 installation

this sometimes happens for no reason, i have come accross it many times with installation, i think it may be down to quality of floppy disks but try reinstalling again, if you continue to get this error then i suggest you aquire another 4 high quality floppy`s and make new boot disk`s.

boot your machine.

put in your win2k cd, go to start,run, and type in d:\bootdisk\makeboot a:

d: being your cd/rom drive

if this still doesnt resolve the problem then your cd may either be damaged or simply need cleaning.

good luck!

Collapse -

by rami333 In reply to Windows 2000 installation

do you have a previuse version on your pc win 9x
if yes go to windows folder rename win.com to any name or delete it

Collapse -

Thank you.

by flores In reply to

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I just ended up formatting the hard drive then do the installation. Thanks again.

Back to Community Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)