General discussion

Windows 2000Pro vs Win9x Print Drivers

By mbrees ·
Ive set up a home network with Netgear FB105 and NIC FA311. I cant get the windows 98 machine to load LexmarkZ52 Drivers to install, so printer on Win 2000 machine can recognize it. Ive tried setting up additional print Drivers in Win2000 with no success. Help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Network Install?

by jamus In reply to Windows 2000Pro vs Win9x ...

Which computer is the print device connected to locally, and which computer is connected through the network? If you "add a printer" using the "Add a Printer" Wizard, check these settings.

Collapse -

by mbrees In reply to Network Install?

The printer is connected locally on LPT1 to the machine with Win2000 professional. Both machines have Lexmarks software on it with the print drivers for each machine. On the 2000 machine it says I have to have the additional drivers installed? When I try to install the drivers for Win9X the installation fails.

Collapse -

by jamus In reply to

I am confused and don't think I can help. I was suggesting that you check to see that on the W9X machine you were connecting through the Network and not locally. I have shared printers but don't recall having to have the software installed on bothmachines.

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)