General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows NT 2000 Trust Relation Ship

by ron navon ·

Dear Sir,

I have two different DNS with separate Active Directory Services that one of them is production and another is Test, now they are working separately and haven’t Trust.

I have emphasize that in my test System installed Exchange 2000 also and as you know Exchange 2000 is very senceitive to DNS when I have to connect it remotely, by Exchange 2000 System Manager.

I have to know exactly Step By Step how can I make Trust between to DOMAINS with different DNS. Navon

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by aaron_wurthmann ·

In reply to Windows NT 2000 Trust Relation Ship

I wish it were that simple. Since Windows 2000 is so new I haven’t had any experience with this one first hand. (I only have one domain networks running Windows 2000). But the way that I read the documentation you can’t just do a trust relationship like you could in NT. You had to of been very specific when you upgraded/installed these domain if you made them top level forests then they’ll always be separate. If they are domains or OUs then you need a third box to function as the head of the forest. Basically what I am saying is you may have to have either another box to link the two or reinstall the domains into a forest. But then again, and like I always say on big matters like this, I don’t have all of the facts here and I have not donethis first hand, just read about it, just incase it ever came up.

by ron navon ·

In reply to Windows NT 2000 Trust Relation Ship

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread