General discussion

Locked

Windows XP Home

By TekBoyNY ·
This past week, as a side project to earn some extra money, I agreed to repair a friends XP HOME Edition Dell PC. IT had about 5 different Serious Issues Going. Since it was a friend I agreed to do it on the cheap. My natural instinct is to Just Scan Data, back it up, and then rebuild the PC from Partition UP. However, I dont consider that to be troubleshooting and my friend had some software on there they would lose. So about 10 hours later, it is working with 95% of the problems gone and the other 5% controlled. I troubleshot the issues individually, as much to refresh and learn as anything else, and learned a lot. My question is what is the point where you check your ego aside and just say it needs to be rebuilt in such a manner previously described versus repairing the current installation? Can you charge just as much for that solution as you would for actually researching and applyign fixes?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Community Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums