General discussion

Windows XP Update Site 0x8007019B

By shaun_davies ·
I have a new HP Ominibook XE3 preinstalled with XP. When clicking on Windows Update it tells me that new windows updates software is required and to update now. If i do it repeatedly give me an error number of 0X8007019B and refers me to article Q174360 on the microsoft site. HP and microsoft deny all knowledge and say it is up to the other to resolve. We connect to the internet via a Lan using a Equiinet NetPilot box. Hp say it is a security issue, I have lowered all security settingts to lowand enabled the use HTTP 1.1 via proxy and still nothing happens. I have installed office 2000 and now done a clean install from the recovery CD's. I have found others with similar problems on the security focus site. HP said they wouldn't support me as I was using a LAN! Anyhelp would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TechKid In reply to Windows XP Update Site 0x ...

I suspect what HP means is that it's a security issue with your NetPilot box. It may be blocking a port that the Windows update site needs

Collapse -

by shaun_davies In reply to Windows XP Update Site 0x ...

I had this email from Equiinet Technical Support. Apparantly Microsoft are requesting a zero sized page header! NetPilot is ok with other OS's. HP are working with Microsoft to try and resolve. Please see email below

This may be a bit vague but I remember reading a message saying that XP update requests a page with a zero sized header. Squid 2.2 Stable5 cannot handle this. 2.4.stable2 can I believe. Not much use I know, does this tally with the version of squid you are using? Ooops, I forgot to mention I'm using Squid-2.3. Switching to 2.4 in 3 days. Any workaround? Like a no_cache directive maybe? I searched the list archive for "windows update" but only got the problem of cacheing the
cabs.
M. Yu

Collapse -

by mdavis In reply to Windows XP Update Site 0x ...
Collapse -

They have withdrawrn the thread

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)