Question

WinFax Pro 10.03 - Basic version? Networking issues

By mp04279 ·
This is a strange one. I had WinFax Pro 10.03 installed on a WinXP sp2 workstation. Everything was working fine until the HOST died. We have 7 workstations hooked up to the HOST. I changed one of the workstations to become the HOST but NOONE could see it. So I uninstalled WinFax Pro and reinstalled it. Now it's saying it's a BASIC version and doesn't let me setup either HOST or CLIENT. We've spent alot of money on 7 copies of this darn thing and now Symantec won't support it! Ughhhhh!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Micheline

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

WinFax PRO to Basic version

by GetFaxing In reply to WinFax Pro 10.03 - Basic ...

Yes, this can occur with any version of WinFax PRO 10.x (Pro -> Basic) You can correct the problem by reinstalling WinFax again. Your original install did not complete successfully.

Collapse -

buddy (another ZA)

by PurpleSkys In reply to WinFax PRO to Basic versi ...

although i commend you for wanting to be helpful, if you take a moment and read when the questions you are answering were posted, you'll notice most of them were posted over 1-3 yrs ago, chances are, those folks have found one resolution or another (not that your information wouldn't be helpful, rather that's it late ). Take note, the date this original post started was Posted: 12/23/2006 @ 05:24 PM (PST)

Collapse -

What are you doing?

by Kenone In reply to WinFax PRO to Basic versi ...

Digging up every WinFax question in the history of TR? Nothing current you can answer?