General discussion

Word 2000 crashes when printing a document

By agapae5 ·
I have a user that when he goes to print out a document in MS Word 2000 to an HP 5500 printer, gets a blue screen and crashes. He has no problems printing out of other applications i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.. He is the creator of the document that resides on a shared directory and has had no previous problems with this document. Any helpful advice out there?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Word 2000 crashes when pr ...

Delete any temp file that Word leaves around. They start with a tilde (~) you can ususally delete ~*.*
They are usually dropped wherever the files are stored.

Collapse -

by jschein In reply to Word 2000 crashes when pr ...

1st thing is... When printing and you get the BSOD, it usally points to the printer driver needing to be updated. Check that first.

2nd thing to do if the driver update does not fix it, do a repair of office.

Good luck

Collapse -

by mbr In reply to Word 2000 crashes when pr ...

All of the above and go to Microsoft.com and run the updates for office. I had a similar problem and I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling office.

Collapse -

by simpkinc In reply to Word 2000 crashes when pr ...

Check the user's profile, right click on my computer go to properities,click on user profiles and see if it is big. Save the user's profile to another location then delete. Have the user log back on to create a new profile then try printing the Word document.

Collapse -

by agapae5 In reply to Word 2000 crashes when pr ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)