General discussion

Word 2000 Paper Size Problem

By mrs_doctor_jones ·
I've had Word 2000 installed on my machine forever and working fine, but recently when we switched to a new domain on our network, I started experiencing a problem with paper sizes as defined in page setup.

The problem is that when I open older documents (previously created)the paper size is now set to A6 instead of letter. If I change the size back to letter and then save the document, everything is fine.

This only happens on my computer with my login. If I login as the admin on my machine and open the same document, the paper size is set to letter (as it should be). Opening the same document on another computer yields the correct paper size.

Any suggestions? I don't care to have to check the paper size everytime I open a document.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Word 2000 Paper Size Prob ...

I have seen a similar problem with our International sales people opening documents from the UK where A4 is standard and the Word seems to think it should stay there. Sorry, I don't have an answer, but do you routinely open the post card size A6 in Word?

Collapse -

by mrs_doctor_jones In reply to Word 2000 Paper Size Prob ...

These documents were already originally created in letter size and were never changed to be anything else. I never use A6 for anything. This is quite strange.

Collapse -

by Konza In reply to Word 2000 Paper Size Prob ...

If you can open the documents without the problem when you are logged on as an administrator, the issue would appear to be a rights issue as defined in one of the group policies applied by your domain controller. Try making your user ID a member of the Power Users group and see if this resolves the issue.

Collapse -

Actually my ID is set as an admin (although not "The" admin). Would moving down to a power user help?

Collapse -

I checked with our admin. We don't have a group policy.

Collapse -

by warrent In reply to Word 2000 Paper Size Prob ...

Hi,
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem in Word 2003.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)