General discussion

Word 2003 AutoComplete Issues!

By MzZoo ·
Hi, I could use some serious help with the following weird situation. When opening a blank document in Word, you type in Febr and a pop up window which allows you to select enter to finish typing in February for you. Now here's the weird thing... for some users once you hit the space bar another pop up pops up with the current date, which would allow you to hit enter and it will type it in for you. This works for the majority of my users and it's not working for about a 1/3 of them. I have been able to confirm that everyone has their AutoText - Show AutoComplete Suggestions checked.... but why is it not working for everyone? If anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Word 2003 AutoComplete Is ...

One the systems it is not working on, clear the automatic completion cache:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011240661033.aspx

Collapse -

by MzZoo In reply to Word 2003 AutoComplete Is ...

The link that have you provided is some great information, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue......

Collapse -

Was this ever fixed?

by abandonedbrain In reply to

Hi there.

Did you ever get an answer to your question concerning Word 2003 autocompletion not working for some users? I just ran into the same problem on a single system, where the user had been using SmartTags/autocomplete for a long time, went on vacation for two weeks at Christmas, then came back and found it no longer works like it used to. The machine was not logged into since the day she left. Clearing the normal.dot file didn't fix it, and neither did running CCleaner.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Dan

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)