General discussion
February 27, 2006 at 07:31 AM
davebkelly

Word 2003 Closing

by davebkelly . Updated 20 years, 7 months ago

I have got a really annoying user who wants to know why the fan makes a noise sometimes and what is the keyboard shortcut for this and that. I have managed to answer the pointless questions for over 6 months (since I have worked here) but today, I have been out tec’d. I have no idea why the following is happening and I can’t be bothered to spend hours finding out….. so….

I am sure one of you has the answer off the top of your head !?!?! HELP, otherwise I will have to kill a smug user !!!

The problem………..Word 2003 closes whenever the last document is closed. On all other machines (well all I have checked) this is not the case. Word 2003 stays open with no document to edit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can stop Word closing unless it is directly closed (Menu/Exit, Alt F4…..etc)……. and so stop the user asking me the same question everytime I walk past her desk !?!

Ta

This discussion is locked

All Comments