General discussion

Word 2003 hangs when opening a folder in the "save as" window

By gsbkamath ·
Problem with System Hang in Office 2003
This is happening on a Toshiba Laptop

System hangs during the following actions:

1) Using File Save As and trying to open a subfolder to save a document

The Laptop is Windows XP 2 using Office 2003 sp 2.

Here's what I've tried:
Office installation repair/reinstall
Clean install of Office 2003
Ran Office Updates
Ran Windows Updates
Spybot and Ad-Aware scan from safe mode
Anti-virus update and scan

after reading the article by BrandonW on 04/18/06 and subsequent visit the website http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/**8165 I tried to locate the file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-packard\Hp share-to-web\Hpgs2wnd.exe but I there is no such file and folder in the hard disk.

I have observed that the problems which I had mentioned above which I face only when I am connected to a lan otherwise it is working fine. I have removed all the network shares but the problem remains unsolved.

Im out of ideas. Can anyone help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Danzo87 In reply to Word 2003 hangs when open ...

Log on as an administrator, rename the user profile and let the user log to create a new profile.

Collapse -

by grant.miller In reply to Word 2003 hangs when open ...

I have experienced the same problem of not being able to browse files on volumes following a user profile migration. Any suggestions yet? I don't want to wax the current profile if I can avoid it, hence the migration attempt previous. All else seems perfect in lieu of this shell broswer issue.

Collapse -

by grant.miller In reply to Word 2003 hangs when open ...

I have experienced the same problem of not being able to browse files on volumes following a user profile migration. This occurs using Office 2003 SP2 and XP SP2. Any suggestions yet? I don't want to wax the current profile if I can avoid it, hence the migration attempt previous. All else seems perfect in lieu of this shell broswer issue.

Collapse -

by melton.jeff In reply to Word 2003 hangs when open ...

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problems. Was there ever a resolution to this issue. If so please advise.
Thanks

Collapse -

by gomer In reply to Word 2003 hangs when open ...

this is a known issue. winword takes forever to save a file due to mapped network drives that are unavailable. disconnect your unavailable mapped network drives via windows explorer and try again.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)