General discussion

Word 2003 HELP! Tabs & Bullet issues

By MzZoo ·
We just upgraded to Office 2003, and I of course have to have the most issues. I experience the problem with the centimeter ruler; even with Inches selected. Resolved that one....now onto the next problem. When using Bullets and Numbering; The first item in the list has a bullet when selecting return and hitting "tab" the bullet is then placed at the beginning of the line at not tabbed in with the text. Basically not tabbing levels and putting the bullets with it..... HELP!!!!!!!!!!1

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to Word 2003 HELP! Tabs & B ...

I guess I?m not reading your question correctly. Are you saying that you type a line, click on the Bullets button and the bullet is placed at the beginning of that line? That is the correct default way it was set up. And this is not what you want it to do? Did you want the first line to be tabbed over before the bullet was inserted? Or did you not want a tab in the first line, but the line directly below, only tabbed over first before the bullet was inserted?

Anytime you want a bullet tabbed over at the beginning of a line, you first insert the cursor where you want it (at the beginning of the next line), click the bullet button, and the bullet is automatically tabbed over with a space after it to begin your typing.

If it is not working this way, try clicking Help?Detect and Repair (it should ask for the Office 2003 cd somewhere along the way).

If you want to clarify this issue, click the Comment button.

Collapse -

by MzZoo In reply to

Already did a detect and repair, tried another detect and repair; did not resolve issue. Still continues to leave bullet on left margin with big gap of space between bullet and text that has been indented or tabbed.

Collapse -

by MzZoo In reply to Word 2003 HELP! Tabs & B ...

When typing a list and you select Bullets and Numbering - the text is intended but the bullet stays on the left margin. So there is a gab of space between what ever bullet you select and your text. If youu have an e-mail address, I'll gladly send you an example.

Thanks!

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to Word 2003 HELP! Tabs & B ...

Just a piece of advice. A question for clarification of your situation can be answered with the Comment button. When you reject the question as a wrong answer, some posters will leave you to your own devices.

Collapse -

by MzZoo In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

Reposting question due to an error on my part!!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)