Question

Word 2003 Settings Revert Back to Defaults

By BorgInva ·
My Word 2003 keeps reverting back to its default settings. It keeps putting the ruler back up. Keeps restoring the Auto correct options (I uncheck everything in there), and keeps restoring the regular OPTIONS I check or uncheck (I uncheck in SPELLING "ignore uppercase" and everything I restart Word, it goes back checked).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Network settings?

by GoJints In reply to Word 2003 Settings Revert ...

Are you running on a network? Your default settings may be forced based on the network's defaults. If so, you may need to save a normal.dot with your specific settings to your local hard drive and then ensure you open that when you want to do a new document.

Collapse -

Local

by BorgInva In reply to Network settings?

Local drive, local system.

I will try the normal.dot idea. See if that helps with the options and auto correct. Will give it a try and let you know.

Collapse -

Yes

I opened normal.dot via Word, made my changes, and saved normal.dot. So far, all seems to be working. I see what happens in the next couple of days and reboots. Thank you.

Collapse -

Normal.dot

by GoJints In reply to Yes

The Normal.dot may have been corrupted at some point during a bad shutdown or just because. By creating a new one, you should be all set.

Collapse -

Yes

I opened normal.dot via Word, made my changes, and saved normal.dot. So far, all seems to be working. I see what happens in the next couple of days and reboots. Thank you.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)