Question

Word 2003

By wesley.chin ·
I have Office installed. Now there is a message that says Word needs to be reinstalled via the CD. The computer was inherited by the user from an ex-employee, and the CD for Office is gone. I have checked to see if by chance Office install files are saved somewhere, and they are not. When reinstalling or repairing the install, prompt for the CD or install location appears. Is there a way to reinstall in this case?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Reinstall

by Matt.Altman In reply to Word 2003

In some cases, Microsoft can get you a new set of CDs for pretty cheap (I have done this for Windows and it cost be 10 dollars). However, you will need to have a valid CD key. There are programs out there that will pull the CD Key from the registry for you. I will see if I can find said program and let you know what it is called.

Collapse -

well

by wesley.chin In reply to Reinstall

I figured that was one solution. But I can only use that as a last resort. The place I am at is a small business, and as it is with all small business, price is a major factor. The less, the better. Is there a method that would not cost anything? I suspect that is what the controller here would like best.

Collapse -

CD Key

by Matt.Altman In reply to well

I don't really know of any other way except finding a pirated copy. I am not recommending that by any means. But it is the only other thing I can think of.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)