Question

Word2003: Page Setup: "Portrait" not available

By jddbusiness ·
When I go to Page Setup in MSWord2003, I no longer have "Portrait" available as an option. In trying to fix this, I have somehow now forced it to modify the orientation to portrait, but the landscape icon still shows in Page Setup in the Portrait box. For a while when this first was observed, whenever Portrait was clicked, the document changed to Landscape (and also new documents came up as landscape); it was not like the two buttons they exchenged places because clicking on Landscapre also changed the orientation of previously created documents to landscape. I have "repaired" the installation of the MSOffice software from inside Control Panel, and that did not repair this problem, but I have not reloaded it. Has anyone else seen or experienced this?? Suggestions?? Thanks.
For those who like details, I am running WinXPHomeSP2 on a Dell 4550, 2.53 GHz P4 with 1G ram.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try this

by Jacky Howe In reply to Word2003: Page Setup: "Po ...

Rename normal.dot to normal.old it can be found here.

C:\Documents and settings\Usename\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

This will cause Word to think the file has been deleted and Word will create a new vanilla Normal.dot. You can then test Word to see if this did, indeed, fix the problem. If this doesn't solve your problem, you can always rename your file back to get back your old settings. Or, if it does help, you can then salvage some of your customizations from your old Normal file by using the Organizer.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)