General discussion

Locked

Working Access querry yeilds wrong values in Word

By rico898 ·
I have a large Access 2003 database which has a query involving multiple tables. Viewing the calculated values in the query shows the correct values. When this query is used for mail merge fields in a Word 2003 document it produces errors in 2 or 3 of the categories used for the calculations. THe other categories work correctly. If I export the query results to Excel and use that file for the mail merge all values are correct.

I've spent hours checking relationships and the underlying structure and I must be missing something simple. I can find no mathematical pattern to the erros.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanx - Rico

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by AtCollege In reply to Working Access querry yei ...

In Word, have you checked confirm conversion at open? (Tools, Options, General tab,check Confirm conversion at open).
When you connect to the database in Word, select the DDE type of connection. Then the formats come across OK.
I use a query containing 9 linked tables as a recipient list in Word and it is great.

Collapse -

by rico898 In reply to

Although I managed to work around the problem eventually by splitting the formatted calculation into a calculation ( new field ) and then formatting it, your solution fixed the problem and IS certainly preferable.

Thanks

Collapse -

by rico898 In reply to Working Access querry yei ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums