The Google Pixel
Arguably the most exciting announcement at today's Made By Google event was the Pixel phone. It sports a number of features, including:
- A 12.3 megapixel camera, which received the highest ever DXO Mark rating of any smartphone. It comes in at an impressive 89--three more points than the iPhone 6.
- Smartburst photo technology, which will automatically use the best of a series of burst photos.
- HDR+ with zero shutter lag
- Free unlimited Google Cloud storage for full-resolution photos and videos
- Google Duo, a video calling application that will work with Android and iOS devices
- 15 minutes of charging for 7 hours of battery life
Brandon Vigliarolo has nothing to disclose. He does not hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Brandon writes about apps and software for TechRepublic. He's an award-winning feature writer who previously worked as an IT professional and served as an MP in the US Army.