20. Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain operates several data centers throughout the US, but all of them are green thanks to the Ringer Hill, PA, wind farm Iron Mountain partnered with.
The energy output from the wind farms is enough to power Iron Mountain's data centers in three states. Iron Mountain also invests in solar energy and has invested in several green energy projects in the US and Canada with the aim to make its data centers green as they continue to expand.
- Agriculture 4.0: How digital farming is revolutionizing the future of food (cover story PDF) (TechRepublic)
- The 5 greenest tech companies in 2019 (TechRepublic)
- How AI could save the environment (TechRepublic)
- Photos: 13 ways to go green with tech (TechRepublic)
- 17 ways to recycle or sell your smartphone (TechRepublic)
- Enzyme which devours our plastic waste created by accident (ZDNet)
- Earth Day reminder: Your phone, tablet and printer are recyclable (CNET)
- How ecoATM Gazelle turns more than 4 million recycled smartphones into quick cash every year (TechRepublic)
- Earth Day: Green Tech Tips & Tricks (TechRepublic on Flipboard)
Editor's note: This gallery was first published in April 2018, and it was updated in April 2019.
Image: Iron Mountain