Samsung has taken the wraps off the latest edition of its Galaxy Z Flip phone. Dubbed the Z Flip 3 5G, this new phone maintains the foldable clamshell design that folds and unfolds vertically like an old-style flip phone. This differentiates it from Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold lineup, which folds and unfolds horizontally. The flip style design results in a smaller display when the phone is unfolded compared with the Z Fold. But the Z Flip offers a more compact and pocket-friendly form factor and rings in at a much lower price than its larger cousin.
Though Samsung christened the new phone the Z Flip 3 5G, there was no phone named the Z Flip 2. The company unveiled the original Z Flip in 2020 and then quickly followed up with the Z Flip 5G. Samsung dubbed the new version the Flip 3 to match the naming convention of the Z Fold 3.
In many ways, the Z Flip 3 5G is similar to last year’s Z Flip 5G. Both phones offer the clamshell form factor with a 6.7-inch main display, 5G connectivity, dual rear 12MP cameras, a 10MP front camera, and storage options of 128GB and 256GB. The new phone improves on its predecessor through a larger front cover display with a faster refresh rate, a beefier processor, and a lower initial price tag.
Learn more in this free PDF download from TechRepublic.
In the download:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Foldability
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Display
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Processor and storage
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Connectivity
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Battery and charging
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Durability
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Authentication and security
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Operating system and interface
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Colors
- Specs for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Should I buy the Z Flip 3 5G?
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G be available, and how much will it cost?
- And more!