Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: A cheat sheet (free PDF)
Samsung has taken the wraps off the latest edition of its Galaxy Z Flip phone. Dubbed the Z Flip 3 5G, this new phone maintains the foldable clamshell design that folds and unfolds vertically like an old-style flip phone. This differentiates it from Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold lineup, which folds and unfolds horizontally. The flip style design results in a smaller display when the phone is unfolded compared with the Z Fold. But the Z Flip offers a more compact and pocket-friendly form factor and rings in at a much lower price than its larger cousin.
Though Samsung christened the new phone the Z Flip 3 5G, there was no phone named the Z Flip 2. The company unveiled the original Z Flip in 2020 and then quickly followed up with the Z Flip 5G. Samsung dubbed the new version the Flip 3 to match the naming convention of the Z Fold 3.
In many ways, the Z Flip 3 5G is similar to last year’s Z Flip 5G. Both phones offer the clamshell form factor with a 6.7-inch main display, 5G connectivity, dual rear 12MP cameras, a 10MP front camera, and storage options of 128GB and 256GB. The new phone improves on its predecessor through a larger front cover display with a faster refresh rate, a beefier processor, and a lower initial price tag.
Learn more in this free PDF download from TechRepublic.
In the download:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Foldability
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Display
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Processor and storage
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Connectivity
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Battery and charging
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Durability
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Authentication and security
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Operating system and interface
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G: Colors
- Specs for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Should I buy the Z Flip 3 5G?
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G be available, and how much will it cost?
- And more!
Subscribe to the Innovation Insider Newsletter
Catch up on the latest tech innovations that are changing the world, including IoT, 5G, the latest about phones, security, smart cities, AI, robotics, and more. Delivered Tuesdays and Fridays