For years, Cisco has been warning defenders about escalating cybercriminal activity around the globe. In this, our 2018 Annual Cybersecurity Report, we present data and analysis from Cisco threat researchers and several of our technology partners about attacker behavior observed over the past 12 to 18 months.
- The evolution of malware, including the developments behind network-based ransomware
- Tactics adversaries are using to evade detection, namely, weaponizing cloud services and other technology used for legitimate purposes
- Developments in malicious encrypted web traffic
- Updates on how DDoS “Burst attacks” are increasing in complexity, frequency, and duration
- Recommendations for defenders