Needing extra inspiration at work? We gathered the best quotes that any Trekkie will love.
More than 50 years after its first premiere, Star Trek returns with Star Trek: Discovery on CBS. Stream it live or watch it on-demand on CBS All Access beginning September 24. In honor of the new series, we've compiled a list of our favorite Star Trek quotes.
- "Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end." — Spock
- "Highly illogical." — Spock
- "Live long, and prosper." — Spock
- "Things are only impossible until they're not." — Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- "Insufficient facts always invite danger." — Spock
- "Compassion: that's the one things no machine ever had. Maybe it's the one thing that keeps men ahead of them." — Dr. McCoy
- "We prefer to help ourselves. We make mistakes, but we're human—and maybe that's the word that best explains us." — Captain James T. Kirk
- "Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." — Khan Noonien Singh
- "I am pleased to see that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us." — Surak
- "It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." — Captain Jean-Luc Picard to Data
- "I canna' change the laws of physics." — Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
- "KHAAANNN!" — Captain James T. Kirk
- "One man cannot summon the future." —Spock "But one man can change the present!" — Kirk
- "Change is the essential process of all existence." — Spock
- "It is the lot of 'man' to strive no matter how content he is." — Spock
- "Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them." — Spock
- "Without freedom of choice there is no creativity." — Captain James T. Kirk
- "You can use logic to justify almost anything. That's its power. And its flaw." - Captain Cathryn Janeway
- "There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it's just a matter of finding it." — Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- "To boldly go where no man has gone before." — Captain James T. Kirk
What is your favorite Star Trek quote? Let us know in the comments below!
Disclaimer: Both Star Trek: Discovery and TechRepublic are properties of CBS.
- The five best Star Trek episodes EVER! (TechRepublic)
- 50 terms you know because of Star Trek (CBS)
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' goes to war — and not everyone survives (CNET)
- 23 Secrets We Learned on the Star Trek: Discovery Set (TVGuide.com)
- "Star Trek: Discovery" cast photos (CBS News)
- Star Trek: 50 years of positive futurism and bold social commentary (ZDNet)
- How we learned to talk to computers, and how they learned to answer back (PDF download) (TechRepublic)