As more companies and people use different digital platforms to advertise and promote their products and services, online integrity and safety are rapidly becoming a priority topic of concern. If your company’s platform enables digital content delivery, your reputation is a key factor that impacts your clients, partners and the future of your business. When it comes to internet infrastructure, social media, gaming, audio or video streaming, etc., your platform’s online presence, integrity and safety should be a top priority.
What is online integrity?
Online integrity is a broad bucket that encompasses many areas such as cybersecurity, disinformation, privacy and brand safety, among other things.
It’s critical for any business to rapidly and effectively address malicious content that can be embedded in files, websites, apps or posted to social media accounts or other platforms. The cost of losing customers or employees due to a bad reputation alone can be catastrophic. Jonas Sickler, a reputation management expert, said while it’s impossible to determine a universal cost of a bad reputation, one fact sheet estimates it to be more than $537 billion in the United States alone. He explained that negative online content can cause a business to lose 80% of its sales and pay an extra 20% in salaries.
To remedy this, he believes it’s essential to monitor the web and prevent bad reviews and bad press.
Digital safety services such as these can play a pivotal role in this.
Services helping companies with digital safety
There simply aren’t enough hours in a day for companies to manually seek harmful online content on their own, which can negatively impact. This makes seeking outside help from service providers critical. Here are some services that do the time-consuming heavy lifting to root out disinformation, privacy breaches and harmful content to protect the safety of your brand and audience. Some of these services combine human moderation activity with advanced technology such as artificial intelligence algorithmic tools.
ActiveFence is a service that uses surveillance activity and advanced AI detection to proactively search across every corner of the web for malicious content and remove it before the damage can be done. From social media, marketplaces and streaming platforms to files, internet infrastructure, gaming and messaging platforms, ActiveFence finds and handles harmful content, geopolitical risk and fraud in any language or format.
- Advanced surveillance and contextual AI automatically collects data from millions of sources
- Identifies and prioritizes the handling of threats
- Identifies the root of threats
- Defines precisely how best to handle each threat
Contact ActiveFence for pricing.
DataDome focuses on online fraud and bot management for mobile apps, websites, as well as APIs. Its technology is easily deployed and ultra-scalable. Their AI-powered bot engine detects over a trillion pieces of data each day from 25 points of presence worldwide in real-time.
- A full suite of enterprise-level professional services
- Web scraping protection to protect websites against crawler and scraper bots
- Automated vulnerability scanning that identifies security weaknesses in network devices or applications
- Advanced analytics, real-time dashboards and IT incident management
DataDome offers enterprise services through three pricing tiers starting at $2,990/month.
HackerOne offers solutions that allow companies to build a safer internet by collaborating with ethical hackers who assist with stress testing systems, locating potential bugs and issues, and fixing vulnerabilities before anyone else even knows they exist.
- Vulnerability management to detect risks before they become threats
- Continuous hacker-powered security testing to prevent data loss, unauthorized access and compliance risks
- Unified analytics that shows vulnerabilities that are potential threats
- Assistance with identifying the best ways to handle each threat
Contact HackerOne for pricing.
Netsparker created by Invicti, automates web security for enterprises with more complex environments. Companies can automate security and see the complete picture. Companies are also able to manage risks as though their team was significantly larger, isolate more true vulnerabilities and prevent vulnerabilities by producing more secure code.
- Unique dynamic + interactive (DAST + IAST) scanning approach to find vulnerabilities that are often missed
- Integrate security testing into your entire SDLC with powerful two-way integrations
- Locate all web assets, including those that are lost or hard to locate
- Stay on top of remediation efforts through issue tracking and ticketing
Contact Netsparker for pricing.
WebTitan is a domain name server (DNS) security and content filter solution. It protects companies against cybersecurity threats and blocks malware, filters content, secures mobile devices, prevents phishing and much more. WebTitan offers three different solutions; one for service providers, Wi-Fi, and the cloud.
- Malware blocking identifies and handles malicious code, phishing, viruses, ransomware and malicious websites
- Content filtering addresses inappropriate content at the source
- Companies can accurately monitor and identify malicious threats in real-time
- Flexible policies that handle different environments and considerations
Contact WebTitan for pricing.
Subscribe to the Cybersecurity Insider Newsletter
Strengthen your organization's IT security defenses by keeping abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, solutions, and best practices. Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays