By now you can probably see the new look Builder AU Web site. Not bad, don't you think?
Behind the scenes at Builder AU we've only just unleashed our new design and with only a few small hiccups things seem to be running quite smoothly. Almost too smoothly for my liking. The team working on the project have put in some long hours and consumed many caffeinated beverages but we're now happy with the result.
So what have we done that's new? The tech list was quite long, but the main features of the new site include:
- A new design including logo, style sheets, and converting our site to XHTML
- Enhanced usability. We analysed Web site statistics and feedback from readers to make our articles easier to find by technology such as Java, .NET and strategy items such as project management and design principles.
- A listing of Australian User Groups in Australia (If we've missed yours drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A revamped downloads area
- An advanced archive of articles which we've previously published but are still popular amongst readers.
While these cosmetic features are a nice addition to the site and are a welcome change we're already focused on enhancing Builder AU even more by adding new community and personalised features.
This is going to include quite a bit of tweaking on the back-end of the site but in the next few months readers, especially members, will start to see some new features in beta. If you're interested in seeing what we're up to stay tuned on this blog and sign up for Builder AU membership.