General discussion

101/102 keyboard preventing hibernation

By matt.fowler ·
I have a new (12/23/04) Dell Insperon 8600 with Windows XP SP2. After I got it I installed a couple of software packages for my digital camera and MP3 player as well as several CD's of music. After doing this, when I close the notebook computer's lid, instead of shutting down, it gives the error message "The device driver for ths 'Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard' device is preventing the machine from entering standby mode. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update the driver." When I tried updating the driver it reported I had the best driver already... Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by White Wolf In reply to 101/102 keyboard preventi ...

First, make sure it isn't being caused by Spyware or a Virus.

Second, try uninstalling the s/w packages for the camera one at a time, and see if one of them is conflicting with your laptops keyboard drivers.

Collapse -

by ramapra In reply to 101/102 keyboard preventi ...

Hi
cause
This issue may occur if Adobe Type Manager is installed on your computer. Certain versions of Adobe Type Manager (version 4.0, for example) may not be compatible with the power management features of Windows XP.

RESOLUTION:
To resolve this issue, remove (uninstall) Adobe Type Manager. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Under Currently installed programs, click Adobe Type Manager, and then click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
4. Restart your computer.

i tried this and worked very well for one of my user.

Collapse -

by ramapra In reply to 101/102 keyboard preventi ...

Hi
cause
This issue may occur if Adobe Type Manager is installed on your computer. Certain versions of Adobe Type Manager (version 4.0, for example) may not be compatible with the power management features of Windows XP.

RESOLUTION:
To resolve this issue, remove (uninstall) Adobe Type Manager. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Under Currently installed programs, click Adobe Type Manager, and then click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
4. Restart your computer.

i tried this and worked very well for one of my user.
thnx&regards
Palagani Ramakrishna

Collapse -

by yun_lee85 In reply to 101/102 keyboard preventi ...

where i can download the driver for standard 101/102 key-ps/2 or microsoft ?

Collapse -

by glend In reply to 101/102 keyboard preventi ...

I get nearly the same message on my desktop machine. It reads 'terminal server keyboard driver preventing hibernation/standby. It also mentions about updating the driver. No one seems to have an answer for this problem.

Dave

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)