General discussion

128K ISDN Super Slow While in IE5

By radiodj ·
I have a 128k ISDN w/ router and built in hub, when I ftp to ftp downld at 120-124 kbps, when in IE5 or Netscape6 get a connection rate of 2.98-4.00. I've reconfigured router, tcp/ip, re installed IE5 & Netscape 6. Any one have an answer?
NOT bottlenecked at ISP! useing netgear RH340 router w/cat5 cable and static IP address.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pschubitzke In reply to 128K ISDN Super Slow Whil ...

I'd have to say that there IS a bottleneck somewhere. What makes you think that there isn't. My experience with remote file transfer over ISDN sucks anyhow, but if your line has been functioning properly until recently, I would probably kill the tcp/ip stack and reinstall/reconfigure. Try also to keep in mind that ISDN is really only twice as fast as a regular old 56k modem ... If you are using the netgear ISDN router, have you tried firmware updates from netgear (flash utils)? Have you searched the newsgroups for those having similar issues. Obviously, I cant troubleshoot your connection from here, but hopefully these tips will point you in the right direction.

Good Luck,
Paul Schubitzke MSCE+I, CCNA

Collapse -

by radiodj In reply to 128K ISDN Super Slow Whil ...

Thank You, We reflashed the firmware, but the problem was within my regedit, I had to open up the rate transver in vxd.All working well now, Thanks!

Collapse -

by radiodj In reply to 128K ISDN Super Slow Whil ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)