General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

128K ISDN Super Slow While in IE5

by radiodj ·

I have a 128k ISDN w/ router and built in hub, when I ftp to ftp downld at 120-124 kbps, when in IE5 or Netscape6 get a connection rate of 2.98-4.00. I’ve reconfigured router, tcp/ip, re installed IE5 & Netscape 6. Any one have an answer?
    NOT bottlenecked at ISP! useing netgear RH340 router w/cat5 cable and static IP address.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by pschubitzke ·

In reply to 128K ISDN Super Slow While in IE5

I’d have to say that there IS a bottleneck somewhere. What makes you think that there isn’t. My experience with remote file transfer over ISDN sucks anyhow, but if your line has been functioning properly until recently, I would probably kill the tcp/ip stack and reinstall/reconfigure. Try also to keep in mind that ISDN is really only twice as fast as a regular old 56k modem … If you are using the netgear ISDN router, have you tried firmware updates from netgear (flash utils)? Have you searched the newsgroups for those having similar issues. Obviously, I cant troubleshoot your connection from here, but hopefully these tips will point you in the right direction.

Good Luck,
      Paul Schubitzke MSCE+I, CCNA

by radiodj ·

Thank You, We reflashed the firmware, but the problem was within my regedit, I had to open up the rate transver in vxd.All working well now, Thanks!

by radiodj ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread