General discussion

1394 controller not recognized-Win98SE

By ndluce ·
Since adding DSL, the HP Pavilion 9790C [with Windows 98 SE] is no longer allowing me to download files via Firewire [3-port PCI] from my JVC digital video camcorder. I ran Automatic Skip Driver--here is what was reported: "Windows stopped responding while enumerating the T.I. OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller. ...Try upgrading the device drivers for this hardware." I tried that, to no avail. Is this an IRQ conflict with the Lucent V90+DSL Modem & the LAN adapter which share IRQ 11 with the 1394 Host Controller? I can't hot swap -- the PC freezes. Do I need to change BIOS settings?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Fossil In reply to 1394 controller not recog ...

This won't solve the problem, but might help you get to a solution. I had a Dell with on-board NIC that was set for IRQ 10 and couldn't be changed. I also had an Adaptec 1502 SCSI board which was used with a driver that required IRQ 10. Two immovable items! My solution was to disable the on-board NIC and get a PCI NIC that had a configurable IRQ. Have you tried Lucent's tech support to learn if there's a way to configure for a different IRQ (assuming you have one). If there's no spare IRQ, and many machines do not have them, you might end up being forced to switch hardware. I don't know your hardware, but since it's causing problems, is there any chance of returning the newer piece for one that will give you less grief -- like a USBLAN adapter?

Collapse -

by ndluce In reply to 1394 controller not recog ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by ndluce In reply to 1394 controller not recog ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)