General discussion

2000 for 2003

By sidvail ·
Strange question - but hopefully there is some logic to it.

A friend of mine has a study course for MCSE 2000, along with some practice tests, etc. that he is willing to give me to study. I want to take the 2003 tests.

Can I get a good start on my studies with the 2000 material? Enough to brush up with 2003 practice tests, etc - and actually pass the test? Or is there a big enough difference in 2000 Server and 2003 Server that warrants me purchasing the newer study courses? I'd like to save the money if possible.

Just not sure. Thanks for any help.
Sid

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to 2000 for 2003

there is a big enough difference between the 2 to warrant getting the W2003 books. HOWEVER you have to have the basic understanding of how it all works. Those basic mechanisms start with NT go on through W2000 which begins the AD & GP implementation then up to W2003. Also Note that Windows NT isn't something Microsoft came up on their own. It's a ******* of competing O/S mfgs and some stuff MS came up with.

Windows servers are built upon one another with the lastest and greatest incorporating capabilities from the previous versions and adding capabilities that rival O/S makers incorporate and a little bit of features that users give in feedback to MS

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)