General discussion

2000 networking

By blackwolf9999 ·
i have 5 computers at home one is my server with windows 2000 server running and i have internet sharing also. they are all joined with hub with dynamic IP addressing using workgroup everything is working fine except one computer. i can see other computers and they see me but i can`t goto internet and reason is i can`t get ip from server.
tried release and renew and still keep getting 0.0.0.0 and by the way i can`t get renew to work keep getting error message. computer is windows 2000 pro and just been formatted and re-installed.
changed internet card and still no luck
any thoughts would be appreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

2000 networking

by quintar51 In reply to 2000 networking

have you tried replacing the cable?

Collapse -

2000 networking

by blackwolf9999 In reply to 2000 networking

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

2000 networking

by Kahless1972 In reply to 2000 networking

It sounds to me like the ip stack is corrupted. Go into the windows setup file and delete ip network protocaol.It will prompt you that your network is not complete but click yes to continue anyway.Restart your computer and then repeat the last stepsbut reinstall ip protocol that should allieveitae the problem.

Collapse -

2000 networking

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

2000 networking

by cul8rm8e In reply to 2000 networking

just my 2 pence worth!

set a static ip on the mchine in question,you should be runnin in the 192.168.x.x address range, set the machine to maybe 192.168.0.200 and set a default gateway to the ICS mchine`s ip sould also be 192.168.0.1

if this dont work then the last post is your answer!

good luck

Collapse -

2000 networking

Collapse -

2000 networking

by kmcniff In reply to 2000 networking

Chack your DHCP server and ensure that there are available addresses in the scope. If the machine does not find a DHCP server, then you will get an APIPA address (169.124.x.x), since you are getting 0.0.0.0, than this says that the DHCP server was found and was not able to assign an address. I have seen this many times before and it has always been on the DHCP server and not the workstation.

Collapse -

2000 networking

Collapse -

2000 networking

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)