General discussion

2000 server Crashed on HP Proliant ML370

By rngara ·
I am running 2000 advanced server on an HpProliant ML370 server, with raid 5,its giving me the blue screen when it tries to load the final screen of windows, the mesege is inaccessible boot device, check ... run chkdsk /f. is there any way i can recover using raid 5, without having to re-instal & how do i run chkdsk

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rngara In reply to 2000 server Crashed on HP ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to 2000 server Crashed on HP ...

Inaccessible boot device means that either the file system became corrupt, a driver is bad, or failing hardware such as the hard drive, connector cable, or port. Basically the system lost its ability to communicate with the drive. Since it iss waiting until Windows loads up mostly, before failing I would guess at a driver issue, or a failing hard drive.
Have you tried booting to safe mode, or safe mode 'command prompt'?
If you can get to either safe mode or the recovery console, you should have no problem running "chkdsk c: /F" from the command line.

Collapse -

by rngara In reply to

i ve already tried recovery console & safe mode, they dont get through, its not a hardware problem, i ve already eliminated that. Is it possible to do a repair like you would do with a windows XP on IDE HDD, intead of SCSI & 2000 like this one

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to 2000 server Crashed on HP ...

can you pull the drive and put it in another system as a slave? if so you can run chkdsk from there

Collapse -

by rngara In reply to

managed it was a virus

Collapse -

the hard drives are on SCSI on raid 5

Collapse -

the hard drives are on SCSI on raid 5

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)