General discussion

2000 Suite and Pentium 4

By olivier.lobbestael ·
I have a LAN with 20 Pentium 4. They have Win2000 SP2 and Office 2000 Premium SR1.
My problem is that the saves of the works in Word and Excel takes many times (3 minutes) and the printing too. It seems to hang in the middle of the process.
Why ?I tried to install the SP2 of Office, but I can't use the included Security patch of Outlook. I put the latest drivers of the IDE storage, Lan, Video, but it didn't change anything.
Could somebody help me ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

2000 Suite and Pentium 4

by curlergirl In reply to 2000 Suite and Pentium 4

Are you saving the files locally or on the network? Same question with printing - are these local printers or network printers? If the answer to both is "network" I would look at something on the network as a possible cause. One thing to look at carefully is the master browser situation. If you have even one of those workstations that is trying to become the master browser for your network, this will slow everything down. Another thing to look at, depending upon the size of your network, is segmenting. If all of these workstations are on the same network segment with other workstations, you might want to look at the total network traffic and see if using a switch to segment your network might help. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

2000 Suite and Pentium 4

by olivier.lobbestael In reply to 2000 Suite and Pentium 4

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

2000 Suite and Pentium 4

by olivier.lobbestael In reply to 2000 Suite and Pentium 4

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)