General discussion

2000OP using workgroups

By glennw ·
How come I can't find how to share folders between two workstation running 2ooo OP in a workgroup enviorment. When you are login as a local user.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

2000OP using workgroups

by saihib In reply to 2000OP using workgroups

Aside from the usual yada yada yada about making the workgroup name the same on each machine and all that, Win2K, when used in a workgroup situation requires that each machine have a user account created for each user who will be accessing shared resources. For example: You have computerA and computerB. On computerA you have to create a user account for userA and userB and on computerB you need to create a user account for userA and userB in order to access shared resources. That's assuming each machine is sharing something. Sounds silly? You bet! Tell it to Bill Gates.

Collapse -

2000OP using workgroups

by glennw In reply to 2000OP using workgroups

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

2000OP using workgroups

by cul8rm8e In reply to 2000OP using workgroups

once user accounts are setup all you have to do is share folders from computer management console (right click (my computer)click (manage) and right click shared folders,new share,
remember to set share permissions.

i hope this is what your looking for.

Collapse -

2000OP using workgroups

Please feel free to explain to me how you got this to work because we attempted this by sharing folders right from explore with everyone permissions.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)