General discussion

2003 roaming profile

By forest.henry ·
I am having a problem working with roaming profiles.
I created some users and the DC and tried to assign their profile and driver mapping but I couldn't get it working.
Do I need to explicitly make a file? I actually create another account with admin rights and I did try to log in successfully; when I opened up the profile management I can see there are 2 files but where is this new account profile? Under User and Computer Management, I checked the new user's properties and need to provide a path the profile and mapping. I tried to type the exact path of the shared driver but it didn't work. Anyone got an idea? Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Profiles have a need to be created in directory then access permissions as

by mlkiely In reply to 2003 roaming profile

Your idea's sound interesting but in order for the server to recognise a profile you must first set up the account with all of it's entitlements and permissions granted.With Windows Server applications this is a easy setting as it is part of the instruction set for creating permissions for VPN and remote access protocols.Here is an even better idea load a script on a USB tongle device and let the script write an incidence for user access on the server with generic permissions on a guest account with limited permissions then you can give these to new hires and guest alike until you get a read on what thier actual usage patterns will be and you can then tailor the profile to the users actual needs.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)