General discussion

2003 server restarts even in safe mode , i cant see the server disk from another 2003 server ...is it efs?

By solution ·
2003 server restarts even in safe mode , safe mode - command prompt only ...so at least i should read the files! form another 2003 server
i press f8 i see the 8 choises of win2003 and i choose safe mode , loading all system32\drivers and after apppatch\maindrv restarts!!
---------Second chance is to-------------------
but i cant see the server disk from another 2003 server ...is it efs. I am not sure but from other server just seeing the drive letter and no ntfs , nothing
===============================================
Please help me start server or see files!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to 2003 server restarts even ...

You need to start it in Safe Mode with Networking or none of the network drivers are loaded and you will get that problem.

It should be invisible on the LAN when just running in Safe Mode.

If you still have a problem or it will not start in Safe Mode with Networking you'll need to pull the DATA Drives and save any data on them and then somehow reload the system depending on your current DR Plan this could be to use another HDD with a Clone of the Boot Drive or restore from an Image or whatever you use.

Col

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to

If the files are encrypted you'll also need to save the encryption keys by following the directions here

http://tinyurl.com/orpmf

It's very important that you don't reload the system without saving the Encryption Keys particularly if you don't have a Working Clone of the Boot Drive.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)