General discussion

256 colors uninstalled

By kim_flannigan ·
I was removing unneeded programs through Add/Remove and answered yes to "remove shared files". Now the colors are gone. How do I replace them?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

by Captain Krunch In reply to 256 colors uninstalled

On an unused space on your desktop, right click your mouse, go down to the bottom and click on properties, this will open up display properties, click on the settings tab. This should show you the settings drop down dox (left side of page about half way down) click on the arrow and select the setting that you want. then click apply. You probably will have to restart the computer at this tiem but just follow the on-screen prompts.

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

by kim_flannigan In reply to 256 colors uninstalled

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

by denberg1 In reply to 256 colors uninstalled

I'm not sure if this is the SAME Kim we all know and love here in Casco, ME......but i'll give it a shot....

If you mean that the option for 256 colors has been removed from your display adapter settings, then you need to reinstall the drivers for your display adapter. Depending on your operating system, you can either access Control Panel.. Display Properties....advanced (to get to the adapter settings) ....select drivers....Update drivers.

You can do the same thing from Device Mananger. go to COntrol PAnel....System......expand Adapter...right click on the adapter.....select properties....driver......update driver...

the third option is to just ignore it. unless you are running some DOS games, most people go with High Color (16 bit) or True COlor (24 or 32 bit)...

Let me know if it works...you probably know who I am :)

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

Found the answer on Compaq's site. Not actually but when I loaded the driver for Matrox, which they said was the correct driver, it allowed the system to find the correct driver. So problem is now solved! Thanks for your help.

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

256 colors uninstalled

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)