General discussion

3com 3300 switch reseting

By T-storm ·
hiya.
I have a 3com 3300 series switch, it will run fine for a day or so then reset itself or lockup. If i reset it manually after it locks its fine for a little while. Its not getting hot so counts that out, was wondering if i can reload the firmware will it come right? and where would i get the firmware from?

Thanx
Peter

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

My $0.02

by jrslyrics In reply to 3com 3300 switch reseting

Assuming that you've already checked the website and do not have access to the original CD's, I would first check the configuration of the switch. I have had similar problem with 2 3com core builders. Through troubleshooting I found a loop which has causing a huge bottleneck due to misconfiguration of VLANS. Also, 3com switches do not play nice with cisco switches or at least that has been my experience.

Collapse -

Firmware

by T-storm In reply to My $0.02

Hiya

Yes, after posting i went and found the latest firmware and loaded it to the switch, configured it but it still resets its self. this is with no other switches on the network and only with 10 other computers with a light traffic load. Its completely random and cant pinpoint it to a cause. I maybe thought it was a faulty port but when i didnt use it, the switch still reset, so now it sits under my bench retired. :)

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)