General discussion

400 MHz FSB

By hagop2002 ·
Hi everybody...
I have MSI 845 Ultra-AR mainboard model MS-6398 version 1.1 that uses Intel 845 chipset. This mainboard supports 100 MHz FSB and also supports 400 MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus.
I am using P4 1.8 GHz Intel processor with the mainboard.
The FSB suppose to be running on 400 MHz, how can I recognize whether it is running on 400 MHz or 100 MHz?
If it is running on 100 MHz, how can I make it run on 400 MHz?
Thanks for all.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

400 MHz FSB

by dmiles In reply to 400 MHz FSB

The bus speed will have to be changed from the Bios setup Advanced menu.

Boot computer,when startup screen appears,press the designated key to enter Setup,at the top,locate Advanced in the Menu use arrow keys to move over,once the menu is open locate the FSB heading in list,right-click on the bus speed,this will give you the option to set the front bus speed,it possibly would have to correspond to the CPU setting.
Check the motherboard manual it will give details of the Bios setup

Collapse -

400 MHz FSB

by TheChas In reply to 400 MHz FSB

Per the MSI manual for your board, you have either a 200 MHz or 266 MHz FSB.

The 'correct' FSB setting depends on the installed RAM speed, and the CPU specifications.

Chas

Collapse -

400 MHz FSB

by colin_mendonca In reply to 400 MHz FSB

you can get some third party software to determine whether the FSB is actually 400 Mhz
you can change the FSB through the BIOS setup
in the Advanced menu.

Collapse -

400 MHz FSB

by Exp In reply to 400 MHz FSB

If your CPU booted up as 1.8Ghz that means your FSB is set to 100/400Mhz. 845 chipset only support 400Mhz speed. 100Mhz is system bus speed. If you want to know more check out Intel's web site http://developer.intel.com/design/Pentium4/prodbref/#bus

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)